Salt Spring Attractions and Activities
There is so much to see and explore on Salt Spring Island. Whether it’s art or the outdoors, wonderful restaurants or wine tours… or all of the above, it’s all within reach from Harbour House Hotel. We would be delighted to provide you with any information to make your adventures on Salt Spring unique. Just let us know what you would like to do while you are here and we will provide you with lots of resources! Please see our Organic Farm & Tours page for upcoming Shuttle tours available from the hotel.
Beaches, Parks & Lakes
- Click here to find a list of beaches around Salt Spring Island to explore
- Here you find find numerous fresh water lakes including Cusheon Lake, Maxwell Lake and St. Mary Lake
- Salt Spring Island offers beginner, intermediate and experienced level hikes and trails throughout the island
Arts & Culture
- Visit the eclectic group of artisans at work in their studios on the Salt Spring Studio Tour
- Enjoy nightly live music in the summer at the Tree House Cafe and concerts, dance and theatre events year-round at ArtSpring
- Visit ArtCraft to enjoy contemporary arts and crafts made by BC's Gulf Island artists and craftspeople
- See work from some of the finest Gulf Island Painters, Potters, Sculptors, Jewellers and more at Gallery 8
There are many art galleries and boutique shops that feature work by local artisans and artists from throughout Salt Spring Island. We have bookstores and bakeries, eco-friendly clothing shops, coffee shops and of course fruit and vegetable stands highlighting the wonderful farming on Salt Spring Island. The famous Saturday Market has a wonderful selection of local products.
- Make sure to make time for the famous Salt Spring Saturday Market from April 1st to the last Saturday in October from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm each weekend
- The Tuesday Market in the Meadow offers fresh, local organic produce from local producers each Tuesday afternoon between June and late October from 3 pm to 7 pm at Centennial Square
Outdoor Activities & Sightseeing
- Golfing is available at Salt Spring Island Golf and Country Club
- Island Escapades offers guided kayaking tours for all levels
- OutDoor Visions Tours include marine wildlife tours and whale watching excursions
- Enjoy kayaking and a gourmet lunch with the Salt Spring Adventure Company
Local Wine, Cheese and Breads
- Several varieties of both white and red grapes are carefully nurtured in the certified organic Mistaken Identity vineyard
- Salt Spring Island Cheese specilalizes in handmade goat and sheep cheeses
- To find hand-made spa and culinary products made from lavender, visit the Sacred Mountain Lavender Farm
- Drop by the Salt Spring Island Bread Co. to watch them bake fresh artisan bread in a wood fired oven!
Click here for more general information on Salt Spring Island.